Note on Expanding Federation Membership

Where politics happen.
Syrta

Note on Expanding Federation Membership

Post by Syrta »

To: President Pro Tempre Vedek Tabor Laren
Subject: Expediting Membership in the Federation

Sir

This is just the sort of partisan move I recommended that you do not make. Your assurances that you would not engage in partisan politics as Pro Tempre was a large factor in my positive vote. I suggest that you do not further pursue partisan issues as Pro Tempre. I would look on such a move much more favorably had it been made by a duly elected official.

Idris

Vedek Tabor

Re: Note on Expanding Federation Membership

Post by Vedek Tabor »

To: Councilor Idris Taldon, Delta IV

Councilor Idris,

Thank you for your letter. Executive Order 1 does not provide any mandates except to provide information to the Federation Council and the next duly elected President of the United Federation of Planets as to how we can make the process for adding new worlds to the Federation more expeditious and less burdensome on planets that wish to share in the prosperity of our great Federation.

I believe that it is important that the next President and Federation Council have all of the information available at their disposal to consider this issue diligently and with all of the facts. This is an important issue for countless Federation worlds and potential future Federation members, and we owe it to our citizens--present and future--to at the very least have an informed discussion about this important issue within the Federation Council and that the next duly elected President of the Federation has all of the information he or she may need in order to consider providing greater resources and support to new members, potential members, protectorates, and colonies.

I remain committed to viewing the nature of my office as that of a caretaker, but I am a firm believer that the citizens of the Federation can only be helped, not hurt, by their elected officials having greater information on potential ways to address this issue that is so important to the hearts of so many of our citizens.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Sincerely,

President Pro Tempore of the United Federation of Planets
Vedek Tabor Laren
President Pro Tempore of the United Federation of Planets
Counselor from Bajor