Questions Thread

Forum for any OOC Discussion
Vedek Tabor

Questions Thread

Post by Vedek Tabor »

Here I'll post some of my questions as they pop up. Please feel free to ask questions of your own!

Do Federation Colonies have any representation in the Federation Council whatsoever (ie, non-voting delegate, etc?) or are they completely unrepresented--or is it assumed that the Councillor of the member-planet that colonized that world is responsible for them?
Vedek Tabor Laren
President Pro Tempore of the United Federation of Planets
Counselor from Bajor

sqweloookle

Re: Questions Thread

Post by sqweloookle »

I wouldn't think Colonies have Council representation as they were created by the Federation. Unless the colony went independent then petitioned for membership then they'd be governed by Federation department of Colonial Affairs.

Though that is my opinion.

beeman
Site Admin

Post by beeman »

I did some research and the canon as well as affiliated sources are silent on the matter.

I tend to agree with sqwe. There are 50+ Federation Colonies that we know about and it seems odd that every one of them would get a non-voting delegate and we have yet to see them in any source material.

I am alright with having the Colonial Government, in whatever form, serving as the liaison to the Council and Federation as I imagine they do. So Colonial Governor or whatever other title is given to that person/body.

Syrta

Post by Syrta »

I could also see the locals of a colony having some sort of beef with the Colonial Administration. A people might have a right to send a representative to the Council and demand to be heard. This might be one way to present an issue for debate, but doesn't have to happen right away. If you deny such a path, I would expect a lot of bad publicity to show up in the press until they are officially heard.

beeman
Site Admin

Post by beeman »

As always, any proposed legislation you think of may be placed in the Hopper :)

That is a good idea for a future event though :P

Syrta

Post by Syrta »

If and when the time comes, feel free to have a colonist wander into the Deltan embassy looking for a way to get a petition in the hopper. If it seems legit, it could start an issue. I personally have nothing on my agenda, and am not likely to until things are well underway.

Syrta

Post by Syrta »

I have TNG running from 2364 to 2370. We are in 2389. The Picard series is set in 2399. Thus, our technology should be in between, but closer to Picard? I think the biggest difference would be fancier transporters and the 2D computer interfaces seen commonly in Picard. I would think the Council complex would tend to have the newer stuff.

Anyway, any guidance you might give as to which technology we should lean towards as flavor for our logs?

beeman
Site Admin

Post by beeman »

Any and all will be accepted :) I defer to your judgment.

I imagine there may be portions of the building that are older than others.

Vedek Tabor

Post by Vedek Tabor »

Does the President Pro Tempore have the right to vote as a Federation Counselor during his/her term of office as PPT--or is that right suspended while executing the duties of the President? Thanks! :)
Vedek Tabor Laren
President Pro Tempore of the United Federation of Planets
Counselor from Bajor

beeman
Site Admin

Post by beeman »

I would say it is suspended as you are essentially the President for all intents and purposes.